A Morse code TEXT-to-MIDI converter that creates a Morse code standard MIDI file from ASCII text.
CW Midi for Windows is a Windows version of CW MIDI (for DOS), the World’s first TEXT-to-MIDI conversion software!
Create Morse code files from ASCII text that play on your sound card.
CW Midi for Windows creates a Morse code (CW) Standard MIDI File (SMF) from ASCII text.
Create MIDI files that send Morse code, by simply typing your messages, or importing ASCII text files.
You can create a CW MIDI file without knowing anything about Morse code or MIDI!
You can save your CW MIDI file as a General MIDI file (*.MID) or as a RIFF MIDI (RMID) file (*.RMI).
This simple computer program is a terrific utility for the Radio Amateur, a "must have" for any Amateur Radio operator.
Use it to send "E-Morse" messages, by E-mailing *.MID or *.RMI files to your "Ham" friends, create code-practice files, or create a CW station ID’er.
You can use this software to create Morse code practice files that can be pasted directly into Microsoft Word and other Microsoft Windows applications, as well as E-mailed over the Internet, and played directly from Web sites on the World Wide Web.
MIDI files provide an extremely efficient storage method for digital audio information.
By using the MIDI (*.MID) format, instead of Wave (*.WAV), file size is greatly reduced for the same Morse code.
· Code Speed is variable from 1 to 100 WPM in 0.1 WPM intervals
· Automatic prosign recognition of 14 different commonly used prosigns
· More than 90 symbols recognized, including 77 different ASCII characters
· Includes extensive "context-sensitive" online help
· Contains a complete set of clipboard editing features
· Selectable font type of Normal or Boldface
· Full-screen viewing of message text is possible
· Code Speed is embedded into each MIDI file as text
· Statistics list indicates characteristics of each MIDI file
· Allows up to 32,000 characters per file or per line of ASCII text
· Up to 32,000 lines of ASCII text per file is allowed
· Code Speed setting includes optional Farnsworth method (version 2.00 and later only)
· Selectable Tone Frequency of 440 Hz or 740 Hz (version 2.00 and later only)
· Selectable Volume Level of Nominal or Maximum (version 2.00 and later only)
The new CW Midi for Windows runs on Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me, and later operating systems.
The following items are the minimum computer system resource requirements.
· 80486 or better microprocessor
· 8MB of RAM
· 2MB of hard disk drive space
· VGA or higher resolution video display and card
A soundcard and MIDI file player software is required for playback.
Microsoft Media Player is one MIDI file player that works well and is available on typical Windows-based personal computer systems.
Installation and Use
Find answers to your questions about installing and using CW MIDI software. This additional information is not available in the context-sensitive online help.
CW Midi for Windows was reviewed in the January 2000 issue of Megahertz (a magazine from France).
It was mentioned also in the August 1998 issue of Morsum Magnificat (a magazine from England).
Read what people have said about CW MIDI (for DOS) and CW Midi for Windows!
CW MIDI (for DOS) v1.00 was released on 12/31/97, and CW Midi for Windows v1.00 and v2.00 was released on 5/16/98.